Communities Without Boundaries International, Inc - Program Division
Purpose and Objectives
To assist the Programs Division (Domestic, Education and Training, International, and Research Departments) with the following tasks:
- Connecting nonviolence as a theory of change to address the 21st century’s challenges, especially poverty, racism, and militarism;
- To understand how nonviolence can redress poverty, build community and foster peace;
- To develop a body of knowledge based on research (literature, field, and project related);
- To identify, develop, and implement projects that redress poverty, build community and foster peace;
- To conduct formative, participatory, and summative evaluations on projects carried out by CWBI;
- To conduct formative assessments and summative evaluations on nonviolence and peacebuilding trainings and classes.
All interns are required to:
- Have an understanding of, or cultivate a thorough understanding of nonviolence as a philosophy;
- Be well versed and/or willing to learn comprehensive research methods, including quantitative, qualitative, and mixed method data collection and analysis techniques;
- Work independently and as part of CWBI’s Program Division team;
- Work closely with Program Director(s) and other department staff;
- Meet with Department Director(s) and other departmental staff at least once a week, and/or participate in all staff conference calls once a week;
- Be responsive to e-mail and phone communication
- Maintain a GPA of 3.25 or higher
Internship Tasks - Assist with carrying out functions related to CWBI program activities.
Selection Criteria – Although preference is given to graduate applicants, the department reviews undergraduate and other applicants on a case-by-case basis.
Application Deadline: Applicants are encouraged to apply year-round, and are considered on a rolling basis.
Duration: Preference is given to those candidates willing to commit for a minimum of six months and/or participate in the internship for graduate or undergraduate course credit.
Work Environment and Experience - Join a team of hard-working, dynamic individuals motivated by their passion for positive and nonviolent social change and community building and development. Successful candidates will be exposed to research and experience tailored towards eradicating the Triple Evils of poverty, racism, and militarism through nonviolent means. They will receive guidance and support from the department head/s, their immediate supervisor, staff and fellow interns. Interns will assist in the development and execution of projects that aim to achieve tangible positive change in the world we live in.
This is an unpaid internship.
Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) – All successful candidates are required to sign Communities Without Boundaries International, Inc’s Non Disclosure Agreement.